Livening up our loft bedroom
I decided I needed to fill the big gaping space above our bed. It’s been calling me for a while. I definitely didn’t want to put up my own art. Something historic, something re-purposed, something inexpensive.
I was wandering through the Pasadena Architectural Salvage store for inspiration. It’s a great place by the way. I found this old ceiling from a Victorian home. The painted white front was pretty boring…
But then you look at the back of this tile panel. Its got a natural tarnished, oxidized rusty look. Lovely!
I then used some of my acrylic paints, ultra marine blue and green and purple to deepen the color in the panel.
The next step was fun. I used some gold paint (Liquitex Basics) and highlights grooves and interesting ridges in the design. I just used a rag for this.
Here’s a close up.
And voila! Here it is! Hubby Bruce helped me figure out how to hang it. The whole project only took about an hour!